KellenM
Official News Writer
Official News Writer

Favorite horror novels

Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:23 pm

What are you people into? I grew up on Stephen King, and The Stand has a special place in my heart. Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House and Jack Ketchum's Off Season are right up there too.

Matt Cholodewitsch
Official News Writer
Official News Writer

Re: Favorite horror novels

Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:53 pm

I also grew up on King, It was my first taste, but Misery has now become my favorite of his. The last few years i've become a big fan of Clive Barker (my favorite book of his is Weaveworld but thats more dark fantasy); his shorts are great and Mister B. Gone is a great concept, though some of the horror seems kind of tame.

KellenM
Official News Writer
Official News Writer

Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:57 pm

I've Books of Blood a few times over the years. Rawhead Rex and Midnight Meat Train are two of my favorite short stories ever. Have you heard much about the new book he has out?

ryanthodges
Official News Writer
Official News Writer

Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:32 am

I read The Ruin back in high school shortly before seeing the movie when it was released. The visual images I got while reading it were among the most grotesque ever while reading a book. I enjoyed it. I've been giving some books by Bentley Little a chance lately. He seems to me like an adult's R.L. Stine.
The only way to survive this mad world is to embrace the madness.

Matt Cholodewitsch
Official News Writer
Official News Writer

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:44 am

Yeah , his most recent novel (The Scarlet Gospels) is a sequel to Hellbound Heart, his first and only Hellraiser story, and features Harry D'Amour from Lord of Illusions. Its ok. If you go in without expectations you may really enjoy it. But Barker has been hyping it up for years on forums and it seems like a lot got cut out. At a point i think he said it was thousand pages, published its like 330. Its also not as brutal as his older works.

Return to “Horror Literature”